Thursday, June 07, 2007

Upgrades ands Severe Weather


Today my box from Nashbar finally arrived. I swapped out my pedals and took the foamy shit off my bars (which I learned multiple times this week absorbs and holds a remarkable amount of rainwater). A few days ago, I got my little vitzy decals, so the bike is pretty officially mine at this point. Someday I want new brake levers, seat, seat post, and the bottom bracket creaks so that may need to be dealt with... but for now, it's very rideable and looks pretty nice, so I'm happy.


And now, I promise to all you readers who might not really care about bikes very much, I'll not post about the Fuji for a while.

Work was eerie today - with the crazy winds, torrential rain, and the weather sirens going off intermittently. At one point I was fitting this specialty frame that Nick cautioned me scratches with incredible ease and needed to be handled very, very delicately while the radio was talking about tornadoes touching down in Swisher (where the stable I volunteer at is located). The combination was a very nervous Robin, for a time.

But I'm home now, the storm has passed and Brian and I have had our fun with bar tape (he got some just like mine for his cross bike). All is well.

1 comment:

Bungz said...

Ha ha... No no. I enjoy reading about your Fuji. I can't say that i am a bike expert, but i do ride mine and i love it...