Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cracked

Today I broke my helmet. I did this by bashing it with great force between the pavement of the road and my skull. Fortunately, my head is intact. Although I'm sad to see the helmet go (it was still rather new and matched by carbon fiber bike perfectly), I'm glad it took the impact instead of me. Even with the helmet there doing its job, it took me about twenty minutes after the fall to fully remember where I was and how I'd gotten there. Scary stuff.


I am further pleased to report I am only missing a little skin, my titus is fine and, although I freaked Brian out pretty bad initially by asking alarming questions like, "where are we?" and "which way's north?" repeatedly, he seems okay now too. Although I do feel a little bad for stealing the spotlight on his new Surly's maiden voyage.

In other news, I was also... in the news today. Check out the article A fiesta of art, with bugs. I'm quoted at the end.

3 comments:

liannaa said...

Yikes, that's scary. I'm glad you are okay.

Bungz said...

Whew! Thank God you are safe!!

Robin said...

Thanks, you guys, for the kind wishes.