Thursday, August 23, 2007

Erik M. Lauritzen

"Artist, photographer, teacher, and Faculty Emeritus of TMCC, Erik passed away at his home with family at his bedside on August 9.

In his short 34-year career, Erik created a prolific body of artwork which has received many honors and is contained in public, corporate, and private collections as well as shown in numerous solo and group exhibitions.

Samples of his lifelong passion can be viewed on his website. www.eriklauritzen.com

View and enjoy."

A big blow contained in a small email today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erik and I grew up together in Northridge; we went all through school together, side by side. I came up to attend the SF Art Institute, and on a trip down south, visited Erik while he was having his dialysis done. I invited him to come visit me in SF, and sure enough, there he was one day, waiting for me to get home. I regret that I was not a very good friend to him, beyond introducing him to my teachers and friends at the Art Inst. I was just too busy pursuing my own life and photography to honor this old friendship. From what I can see (on the net) it looks as though he had a number of good friends around him. Still, I do regret not being a more diligent friend. He was a genuine "one of". I'm grateful that you've posted his work, which looks as good as always.