Thursday, May 10, 2007

Stolen Bike

I know the odds are slim that anyone can help, but someone stole my Jamis Aurora off my porch last night. It is dark green, with black fenders. It's a touring style bike with drop bars and there is a little "Johnny Sprockets" decal on the bottom of the downtube. The fenders aren't quite properly installed yet (which is why I had it on the porch) and I'm hoping they'll screw up whoever rode away with it and the thief will ditch it somewhere. So, if you see a bike that answers to this description, please let me know.

I have to say, I try to keep a fairly positive opinion of people in general, but things like this make it hard. That bike is my mode of transportation. I ride it to work, on most of my errands around town. It has hours of time spent cleaning and tuning invested. Whoever stole it took it for money, or just because they could. It bothers me that it will be neglected, abused, discarded. It bothers me that people just don't care enough to think, "Taking this bike will hurt someone else. I won't do it."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Why do people have to blow so badly? I'll keep my eyes peeled for your bike, and I pity the fool who stole it if I find them. I'm polishing my brass knuckles as we speak.

Judith

Anonymous said...

Wow. Stealing a bike is like kicking a puppy or something. That shit is low.

On the other hand- it's an opportunity to build up another bike. Have fun!

s.

Anonymous said...

oh man. stolen bikes - they break my heart.

Bungz said...

I am so sorry. Wish i could help...