Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sometimes I Just Can't Find a Title

Life continues - the big changes camouflaged in a myriad of little ones. Today I had news of something that makes me sad, and while it not the sort of thing that can accurately be said to have changed my day to day life, I can't help but feel (as nonsensical as it may sound) that it has changed my future.

I spend a lot of time thinking lately about the future, and the route I want to take while getting there. While thinking, I drift along smoothly, because the future comes to us, whether we pursue it or not. There are a few hopeful glimmers on the horizon, but I'm too far out to determine whether they will amount to anything. So, while I wait to see, today I invested a sizable amount of time in scrubbing at the discolorations at the bottom of the bathtub. I know perfectly well these are permanent stains from before we moved in, which I cannot get out. But I still try. And while trying I wonder if it's strange that I worry more about exposing myself to the toxicity of the cleaning chemicals than the bathroom germs.

On Friday we rode our bikes to North Liberty with the Eppens for Mexican food. That was very fun. It's nice to develop some new friendships, and long bike rides bookending food and drink are extremely fun. Last night we had a sleepover with Molly, Oliver, and Isabelle because their parents, Adele and Peter, are out of town. They are a very well behaved dog and couple of cats, but even after one night away it felt good to come home.

Oh, and I accidentally redesigned vitzy's and the gallery website again. Oops.

No comments: