Monday, April 16, 2007

Bittersweet E-Mail

Dear Robin,

I wanted to let you know that unfortunately we're not going to be able to admit you to the NWP this year. I wish we could, but only one of our accepted applicants turned down our offer to join the NWP and we can't responsibly admit any more students into our program this year. While we know this is disappointing news, you should know that you were among a very few applicants we wish we could have admitted. Again, I'm sorry it didn't work out this year and I hope you will keep us in mind in the future. Regardless, I wish you much luck with your writing career.

Sincerely,

Robin Hemley, Director
Nonfiction Writing Program
University of Iowa


So, there it is. No in the nicest possible way is still no...

Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

idiots.