Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Break in the Nasty Weather

Yesterday I managed to get out on my bike for a couple of hours. It was almost 60 degrees out, and mostly sunny. It felt really good.

The roadside ditches and areas between plowed fields are all turning green. There are baby cows out in the fields. I had a lovely time riding along, except that I involuntarily swallowed the biggest bug I've ever managed to catch in my mouth. It was disgusting. (I briefly considered getting off my bike and hurling.)

Also, oddly, on one particular section of the road, I was spinning along and suddenly I smelled puppy. You know that smell? There is no other way to describe it. Well, there it was permeating the air on a little empty road between empty fields. There was nothing unusual in sight. Not a bog or something that might make a peculiar smell. Also, no puppies. It was very confusing. When I turned around and passed the same area on my way back, I smelled it again. I slowed down and sniffed the air. It was puppy, through and through, and I have absolutely no explanation.

It stormed in the night and is supposed to drop into the 40's this afternoon. Grrr.

No comments: