Monday, April 02, 2007

Confessions of Foolery

First of all, I would sincerely like to thank those who responded via comments and emails with kind words for my tattoo. I am particularly grateful to Judith, who was indeed my inspiration, if not quite in the way I may have construed in my last post, and who's timely comment also made my story just that much more credible so those who may have been inclined to doubt, doubted less.

Next, I would like to thank Laurel, for seeing through me but then whole-heartedly embracing the scheme and extending it via a print-out to those I can't reach from here in Iowa.

Also, thanks to friends who reminded me how well you do know me. As Liz said, "P.S. Not buying the tattoo story... I simply can't see you writing "the very vessel of my being - my body." with a straight face."

In the same vein, I would like to apologize to those of you who don't know me well enough to be acquainted with the perversity of my nature that would cause me to do something like this as an April fool's joke.

And, I would finally like to note that my big brother (with the help of my immediate family), as ever, one upped me in the end. "It turns out that I beat you to it! ...a modest geometric Polynesian band done around the middle section of my left thigh... I wasn't actually planning on showing it to (our parents), but now that we both have work done perhaps I will!"

Obviously, I learned from the best.

For anyone who is still confused, the truth is no one in the family as yet sports any permanent marks on the body from anything other than scarring. Clearly, one should be careful of anything a Stephen says on April Fool's Day.

And also, Brian doesn't have a tattoo fetish either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahha. You know, as I was on the bus this morning, I thought to myself, "Yesterday was April 1. I wonder if Robin's tattoo was a joke." That's hilarious. That tattoo really is beautiful, though. :)

Judith