Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Travels

Last week we drove out of Arizona and through New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and into Iowa, where we hung out and set up Brian's little house in Iowa City.


The small towns are enchanting and I had a lot of fun getting to know the city.

On Sunday we came up to the Chicago suburbs, where his parents live. We've been playing "bags" in the yard, soaking in the hot tub and hanging out with the highly personable and mellow yellow lab, Lance.

Today, we plan to take the train into the city and see the sights... mainly the museums.

Thursday it's back to the desert for me. It's hard to believe I don't live in Flagstaff anymore. My apartment is already housing its new occupants. My little sister lives in Brian's old place. It's been such a whirlwind of a summer.

I am, however, excited about what I'm going back to.

No comments: