Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Coutdown

Packing. It never ceases to amaze me, when I really pull everything out and look at it, exactly how much stuff I have. I have spent the last couple months throwing away and giving away and I still just have stuff. The bulk of it is books and art and clothing, but my hobbies take up a lot of space as well. I have to take four bikes home to Tucson with me. Road bike, commuter bike, mountain bike, cruiser bike. My fifth one (campus bike), I plan to leave here for Meryl.

Every time I look around I think, there must be something else I can get rid of. I keep coming back to my fencing gear. Do I even need it anymore? I haven't been able to get my heart back into that since I got home from Wales. That was three years ago now.

I am excited for the up-coming road trip. I'm going to drive Brian's car to Iowa. I've never been any farther east than Colorado (not counting airports and foreign countries). It will be interesting to see the land my family comes from. And meet his family.

We leave on Monday.

Then I get to go home for a while... take Painting 1 at Pima Community College and cool my jets. And apply for grad schools. Wait to see which direction my future takes.

No comments: