Sunday, August 27, 2006

Luckily, ice prevents swelling

Today will not go down in history as containing the best horseback ride I've ever had.

Tommy's problem, I have decided, lies entirely in over-dramatizing. He's overly-dramatic about changes: "Oh my god. Wait, wait guys. I can't walk. I absolutely can't walk. Did you know I don't have shoes on?"

He's overly dramatic about everything he encounters while on the trail: "I don't know. I think that's a car. It's definitely a car. I can't go any closer. Oh, it's moving! We'd better run."

He's overly dramatic about daily horse routine activities: "I realize you put my fly mask on every day, but TODAY, it might kill me."

And, he's overly dramatic about anything that doesn't fall into any of these categories.

But, in spite of the fact that he dumped me in the wash two days ago due to concern over a piece of partially buried flagging tape, hit me in the head with his head today and split my lip open due to fear of fly repellent, and still won't willingly approach me unless I have food, he's made progress in a lot of ways. I'm actually starting to like him. =)

No comments: