Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wed

At the risk of seeming redundant, as I have already posted photos on facebook, and Brian has also done a wonderful wedding post, I am going to regale all my readers with the tale of our nuptials.

First, my parents outdid themselves getting the house ready for the grand event. This is just one of the many impressive features they added - a back deck and bridge leading over the warsh towards the horse corral.

At the front of the house, we had the ceremony. We don't have any pictures of that yet as the actual real wedding photos are still on their way to us from our photographer.


The ceremony went well. I didn't start crying until the very end, which I thought was pretty darn good, considering many people seated in front of me lost it before that. We then proceeded to mingle for a while and finally my uncle and the band forced us out onto the floor for a first dance,


I think we did all right. There was no falling over, no stepping on toes and after a while others joined in to rescue us from the horrid fate of being looked at too much.

Other highlights of the evening included the cakes,

seeing the Gutpluckers dressed in a pseudo-respectable fashion in honor of the occasion,


and much spirited dancing. Partly behind the enthusiasm, I think, was the fact that the night did turn fairly cold. People needed to kick up their heels to keep themselves warm.

After the festivities began to break up, Brian and I took ourselves (and several plastic cups tied to our bumper) off to Hacienda del Sol for some hardcore relaxation. Our room was beautiful, as were the grounds, the food, the weather, the mountains. We even hung my bouquet up and it stayed fresh for days.


Our suite had a little back patio of which we availed ourselves our last evening there, watching the sun set on the mountains and drinking port.

All in all, we could not have had a nicer time and to now return home so well rested is pretty great too. Married life, here we come.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Well, I didn't even know you did Facebook, so it's all new to me here. :)

Anyways, Congratulations and all that. Looks like a great time. Wish I could have made it down there.

Just out of curiosity, did you post at 3:14 intentionally? Or was that just random luck?

Robin said...

Haha. 3:14, Totally a coincidence. I hadn't even noticed.

Thanks for the congrats. It would have been nice to see you there. Another time...

Bungz said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations and best wishes and all the good things that life offers...