Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rings

Brian and I got our engagement rings yesterday. We ordered plain silver bands for Rio Grande Jewelry Supply to get a feel for size and shape so we can better design our own custom wedding bands when the time comes. I put my "practice" ring on yesterday afternoon and went immediately to the barn. I haven't worn any ring at all for many years, and never one on this finger (obviously) and it feels very strange. It continually intruded itself on my attention while I drove, but while I was working with Steen I forgot about it entirely, so I take that as a good sign. Brian is going through a similar adjustment, and last night at dinner we were both unconsciously fidgeting with them constantly. Still, I imagine we will get used to them before long.

Anyway, I'm going to do my best not to turn this into a wedding blog (and not to turn my life into one never-ending wedding drama), so I may be silent on this subject for a while. Thanks for all the heartfelt good wishes we have received!

No comments: