Monday, November 12, 2007

Blogger's Block

It keeps happening that during the course of the day I come up with any number of bloggable subjects. They pop into my head while I'm at work, out and about, fiddling with this or that website or project. And then, when I sit down to write a blog, my head is empty. I have nothing to say.

So, I suppose I'll use the old "what I did today" fall-back.

This morning, I couldn't shake off a sense of inertia and exhaustion. Nick, when he dropped into work, was half-convinced I was suffering from serious emotional problems. I had to reassure him twice that I was just sleepy, not suicidal. When I got home, I tried to nap, failed. Tried to read, failed. So, I left. I went and wandered the town on foot, popping into various stores I'd never been inside to usually leave again almost immediately with a vague sense of horror. We all know how much I dislike shopping. Being out in the wasteful retail glut most of my generation wallows in so enthusiastically usually makes me a trifle sick at heart, but something about walking around for hours looking at all the things people are trying to sell me and realizing that (except for almost everything in Blick's art supply store) I don't want any of it makes me feel just a little bit triumphant.

I know. I'm silly.

1 comment:

Bungz said...

I forget my blogable ideas too... And i hate shopping as well...