Friday, October 27, 2006

The Reason Alternators are Important

Well, I never expected to find myself in a completely dead car with Brian's father, sitting in the third lane of six - literally in the middle of Chicago bumper to bumper rush hour traffic. But that's where I wound up last nite. Needless to say, that was a bit of an experience to get out of. We did tho.

Other than that little electrical failure, the trip went smoothly. After landing in Chicago, I got to nap on the black leather couch in the Southwest Airline's Pilot's lounge until Dutch got off work. Then, once the car was towed, Brian and I spent the night in Geneva at his parent's place. Now we're in Iowa City. The leaves are all red and gold. Brian's house is a brighter white than when I left, but otherwise not much is different. I am finally getting some semblance of a layout for this town. Without mountains or sun (most of the time), I find it very difficult to get my bearings.

No comments: