Monday, April 13, 2009

When the Day Starts Right

I should have known it would be no run-of-the-mill day when Brian and I started out with a breakfast of tasty brie toasted on the first successful loaf of whole-wheat home-made-bread I've ever achieved.


But honestly, I wasn't prepared for the level to which the excitement continued. First, I took some more important (boring and bookish) steps towards making the BWS a real business, then I went to the gallery, where I promptly took a framing order (normally Nick's role, not mine). Up to this point, I'd have put the day on the busy side of normal. But then things really went nuts. Our Realtor called and told us she may have found "the one." (It turns out it was not the one, but still, talk about an adrenaline rush). Then, a customer came in to the gallery and I sold her not one but two pieces of fine art. After that, I got a call from a new client who wants a website. By the time happy hour rolled around, I was so keyed up I could hardly sit still.

I guess I should eat an exotic breakfast more often.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I am personally fond of toast and brie with blackberry preserves or blackberry jam on top. Yum.