Saturday, April 04, 2009

An Ode to CSS

Whenever I am working on building websites, two thoughts seem to occupy my mind more than any others. These thoughts are as follows:

* I hate IE (internet expolorer)
* I love CSS (cascading style sheets)

I have been building websites for many years now, and while I have discovered that both my hatred for IE and my love for CSS increase steadily the more I learn about website construction, if both these emotions were weighed on a scale that could measure the magnitude of the emotion felt, CSS would win.

The reason for this is simple. One of the reasons I love CSS is (usually) not even IE can screw it up.

So, it is with a heart full to bursting of love for CSS that I announce the launch of my new website, which sports my first ever CSS-only roll-over menu. That's right, folks, the image swaps are accomplished using only CSS. No javascript. This makes me happy because it opens oh-so-many doors.

And as my new website indicates, I am finally, officially, embarking into the world of professional graphic design. I am registering my business as an LLC, under the name Brown Wing Studio. This means Vitzy's, for the time being, will be no more. But hopefully now my clients will be able to remember my business name and email address.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Yeah, I remember thinking a similar thing back when I was doing web development. Now it's more along the lines of having various love/hate relationships with operating systems (I'm starting to actually like Vista...because it's great from an IT standpoint).

Congrats on the new business.