Friday, January 02, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

After a lovely vacation in AZ, I must say I am more than a little happy to be back in Iowa City. I have now lived in this house for longer than I've lived anywhere else since I left for college, and have lived with Brian for longer than I've lived with any non-family person. This house is definitely the first place that has really started to feel like my own home, and as much as I love seeing my family and the house I grew up in, that is no longer where my life resides. It may be 50 degrees colder outside here than in Tucson, but somehow this has become a cozy and relaxing place for me to be.

1 comment:

Bungz said...

It is funny how these things happen. I confuse all my friends here when i tell them i am going home. Now i make the distinction between home and home home... But i am not sure which is which...