Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Friends

Yesterday afternoon I walked through a door and found myself the subject of many curious gazes. Faces I'd never seen before turned towards me and watched to see what I was going to do.

Over the course of the next few hours, I told Lou he had some of the most striking eyes I'd ever seen, let Jack blow into my nostrils, and made Delilah walk in a circle twice for trying to barge through a door in front of me. I was told Martha will become my favorite, Holly is the craziest, and Radio never stops talking.

This was my first day of employment at my new, very, very part-time job. Once a week I get to go play stable-hand and be around 14 of the giant four-legged creatures I so dearly love and miss. There are also potential exercise riding opportunities. Nothing is finalized yet, but I've got my fingers crossed.

No comments: