Friday, June 30, 2006

A Nite to Remember

Last nite I was reminded again of the simple but tangible sense of well-being that comes from spending time with a couple good friends. Looking at life through hookah smoke makes everything a little better anyway, and when looking through hookah smoke at two of my favorite people and an open bottle of Dom Perignon, it's hard to find my situation lacking.

The summer is flying by. It's hard not to want to dig my heels in a little. I know change is important, and the path that leads me from here will be a good one. But it's difficult to stand in to the known looking at the unknown, and feel happy about saying good-bye to a wonderful life that's been six years in the making.

At least the loves that call me home are strong ones. I haven't gone on a good horseback ride in ages, and the desert landscape pulls me together in a way nowhere else does.

No comments: