Saturday, June 10, 2006

20 20

Today I set a personal record for longest time spent on a bike. Two and a half hours. I realize, in the realm of road biking, this is not a long time. However, we all have to start somewhere.

When I got home I passed out hard for a couple of hours (I did not sleep well last nite), and had some strange dreams about things that have been gone from my daily thought process for a long time. This caused me to continue thinking about things I haven't thought about for a long time when I woke, and all I can fairly say on the subject is the old adage, "Time heals what reason cannot," is definitely true. It's odd to be able to think these events over so objectively now... sort of like going back and reading a story I wrote a long, long time ago. I can remember what I was thinking at the time, and how it all made sense in my head. It's even slightly endearing (in a strange way) to remember the me who wrote it. But from my new standpoint, the entire thing is obviously juvenile and I'd certainly never give it to anyone else to read.

I have taken to drinking breakfast shakes before going to bed.

No comments: