Monday, January 07, 2008

Home

Although I spent the last chunk of time in Tucson, I didn't do a very good job taking photos. In fact, I didn't take a single one until the sun started to go down on my last day there and I realized, as I'd be leaving before dark in the morning, I'd not have another chance.

So, as I headed out to give the horses their evening meal, I took my camera with and took a few photos that I thought highlighted the visit.

***

The glory of my parent's house is the variety of things that can be done from the back doorway. On this particular visit, I borrowed my sister's Titus and discovered that the root of all my cycling-knee problems seems to rest in full suspension. I believe I shall be in the market for a new frame soon.


***


The previously mentioned greenness stemmed from the painting of the horse corral. Although we put in rather nice pipe fencing a long time ago, in the great tradition of people of my blood-line we somehow never got past priming the pipes. Thus, for the last few years, anything (clothes, horses, dogs) coming into contact with the pipes would turn a shade of rusty red. My sister and Brian and I finally decided to remedy the situation. Now the pipe is green. So were we, and the dogs, and the horses for a while. Luckily, in my case anyway, the paint has mostly washed off.


Jak completed his punk look by carefully rubbing the center section of his mane until the hair turned the same color as the paint, too.


***

I spent some time getting to know Rojo. Suffice it to say, a gaited horse is a whole new set of variables to learn...


Ruby hasn't changed.


Tanzi has (sort of) grown up. She is still very small, but very cool.


Anyway, it was nice to go home. We played many hours of badminton, spent New Years in Sierra Vista playing Piggie Wanna Signal until midnight with a group of people mostly aged mid-twenties to early thirties. I saw my cousin's first real guitar gig, fell asleep in front of a fire, and participated in many other glorious activities that only seem to happen at home.

No comments: