Saturday, January 27, 2007

Winds out of the South

Yesterday the temperature rose above freezing for the first time since I've been here. It was sunny and in the mid-low 40's. We celebrated by going for a bike ride. I got to try out all my new warm gear.

I took my Jamis, as it was wet and slushy and, as much as I adore my Titus, it's so light and touchy I didn't much feel like experiencing sketchy conditions only to fall over in them, or getting it dirty. This proved to be a good choice.

The ride was fun. For the most part, I wasn't too cold. Getting through town, we experienced streets running with snow-melt water. We went straight south on a road that goes out of town, through empty, snow blanketed corn fields. I only rode for about an hour, but it's a start.

Today it's in the 20's again.

Fortunately, I have plenty of website work to keep me occupied.

1 comment:

liannaa said...

Okay, check this out:

www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com

Tell me that doesn't not look exactly like Logan.

The crazier part? The actor is Mexican.