Tuesday, December 19, 2006

In spite of appearances...

... finishing my degree will not amount to finishing my blog. Certainly, it's highly debatable whether or not a thing such as a blog could ever be finished. Anyway, I just didn't have much to say for a while.

We had snow flurries here today. And I attempted to accomplish a lot of Christmas shopping online but succeeded only in wasting a lot of time. Then I watched a very long movie I had already seen more than once. A good day. The kind of day that only comes along with a certain lack of stress.

Oh yes, and I got a new phone. It's a flip phone - black and silver like my road bike. I did not pick it out, or have anything to do with acquiring it. It was literally just handed to me. To be fair, it's not a cool phone. It's merely new.

Then I went through and moved all my contacts from my old phone to my new phone. I did not transfer a lot of them. And I still have eighty-two entries in my new phone. Who are these people? I certainly don't have eighty-two people I call on a regular basis. But there they are, in my phone. Important enough that I fear if I delete their number I might one day want to call them again.

No comments: