Friday, September 22, 2006

Not Up North

It's true. I'm not in Flagstaff anymore - and actually haven't been all week. It's getting to that beautiful time of year in Tucson. The days are still hot but not sweltering and the evenings are pretty much the perfect temperature.

I tend to forget how poisonous the desert is. Yesterday I stepped lightly on a thorn while wandering around outside barefoot. That spot in the bottom of my foot is now swollen and irritated, even though the sticker barely even pierced my skin.

I am getting better at negotiating with my clients. I'm starting to get some sense of what my web work is worth.

And, I came by a seat for my road bike again. It felt great to be back on wheels. I want to ride a lot now.

I just noticed that it's incredibly windy. This means I will ride Jak today. He's spooky, but not genuinely scared of things that aren't there. Unlike Tommy.

No comments: